Welcome to the Artist in Residence Program at CoLab, where creativity knows no limits. Immerse yourself in a vibrant and collaborative environment, surrounded by fellow artists and makers from diverse disciplines. As an artist in residence, you'll have access to our state-of-the-art facilities, tools, and resources, allowing you to explore, experiment, and push the boundaries of your artistic practice. Engage in meaningful conversations, share ideas, and forge connections within our supportive community. Whether you're a sculptor, painter, textile artist, or any other creative soul, the Artist in Residence Program at CoLab is your gateway to inspiration, growth, and endless artistic possibilities.
Our AIR program offers artists, designers, and other creative makers a $500 materials stipend, a studio, and 4 months access to its state-of-the-art facility in Manchester, NH.
The program supports ambitious artists in pursuit of their creative and social impact-driven projects.
– 4 Months of Free Membership
– 3 Months of Free Studio Rental
– a $500 Materials Stipend
– 77 hour/week access to fully equipped metal, wood, jewelry, micro-electronics, sewing and rapid-prototyping facilities (after requisite tool trainings)
– access to a collaborative of numerous CoLab members made up of engineers, developers, artists, professionals, and entrepreneurs
– opportunity to organize and host (in consulatation with CoLab staff) an event that is open to the public and highlights their work.
* Housing is not provided
- Artists-in-Residence are expected to take the appropriate trainings during their month of membership preceding their residency period.
- Artists-in-Residence are expected to use their stipends for educational opportunities at CoLab and materials.
- Artists-in-Residence are expected to work onsite as much as possible to realize their project and to build community at CoLab.
- Artists-in-Residence are expected to host one “Open Studio” session during their studio occupancy.
- Allow CoLab to photograph artist and their work (to be used in marketing materials, social media posts, development/fundraising initiatives, etc.)